Monday, January 25, 2016

X's and O's








How was your weekend? We had several visitors over the weekend. Dad was very happy to see his three nieces who came to visit from the Greater Toronto Area. We hadn't seen them in a very long time and it was lovely that they made the visit down. I had a little time to make this clean and simple Valentine Card. It came together quite quickly and I was inspired by the Splitcoaststamper Clean and Simple Challenge. I used the following products.


Both from Impression Obsession Stamps 


Embossing Folder and Designer Paper from Stampin' UP!

For those of you that left lovely comments with regard to my last post about my Father; your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. I also noticed I lost a few followers after that post. 
Perhaps they only wish to see my cards, however my blog is about my life. Creations, trials, tribulations, successes. For a very long time I got away from the more personal aspect of my blog, but my musings are as much a part of me as my cards and paper crafts. For those of you that appreciate that, I appreciate you. 

Have a wonderful week and i'll be back soon

--Vicki~~


9 comments:

  1. I certainly wouldn't stress over those who left. They don't matter....that's the bottom line.
    Your post was beautiful and heartfelt - just like your paper creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean & simple, but just right.. Thank you for sharing and as Jacqui said, the people that leave, don't matter, its the ones that keep coming back. And as you said, this is about your life and your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky, beautiful card! I'm sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers are with you and your family. As for your lost followers, Blogger has made some changes again. If you have people following you in blogger that do not have a blogger account, blogger is slowly deleting them. They may follow you in different ways, by subscribing, or bloglovin, etc. I posted about this on my blog a couple of weeks ago, where I cut and pasted the letter from blogger if you want to read it. Hope that helps you feel a bit better! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is your little place in the world to do with as you wish. Sometimes it is the perfect place to write thoughts down. Keep doing your thing! My thoughts are with you.

    Love your card today. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cup cake! Hope your dad is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute cupcake card, I have a lot of IO dies but mostly Christmas ones and I have a lot of fun with them. I didn't realize that I was not a follower but I get your blog every day via e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Love the hearts and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki, your creativity is boundless because your spirit and heart are as well. You are so open to beauty and inspiration around you because you feel so deeply, and you bravely share so much of yourself through your creations and writing. Your true fans recognize how precious that is. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card!
    Here's a link I found on a blog regarding the blogger readership, in case you haven't seen it yet.http://mypinkieisinkie.blogspot.ca/2016/01/blog-follower-information.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****