Wednesday, August 19, 2015

IO Stamps Designer Challenge-Say it BIG



Hello! Hope you are all doing well out in Blog land Today. I WISH I was in Blog  Land too, because it would be COOL there! We've had no air conditioning there this summer and it's like breathing through a little straw.... a teensy, tiny little straw.....NOT the one's that come with the Dollar Drinks (Oh my SWEET addiction!) Anyhoo, our challenge for this week is to have your creation's main focus be the Sentiment, thus SAY IT BIG...... Say it loud, say it clear.......I'm about to burst out into song. Do you remember that one? Even better, do you remember who sang it?


So onto the Card Biz! For my Creepy Halloweenie card I started by creating a background with this super fun CAC stamp called Hand Carved Halloween. It's super fun and has quite a retro look to it, don't you think? And now for the sentiment Spooktacular Halloween. I added some colour to the image to make it pop off the yellow paper. Lastly I dressed it up a bit with dies from the Spider Web Die Set and the Halloween Set (bat). I then added a touch of Flocking to the Spider to make him fuzzy and increase the creep factor AND some Glitta on the Bat wings and Spider Web; just because I could! Ha!




This is a pretty subtle card, however the main focus is again on the sentiment. Please forgive me if I've shared this one! In fact, just humour me please, recognizing it's my 50 year old brain at work. Lord knows in 20 years when I'm sharing, you are apt to see the same card several times per month! That would be crafters repeat. But then I will be a little elderly and hopefully my readers will respect this elder! lol. Anyway, I simply used two dies and some dollar store pearls to complete this beauty!


Pretty Simple, but I'd say Simply Elegant if I were tooting my own horn~

Sooooo Be sure to head on over to the IO Stamps blog
'Tis over there that you will find all the players for today (every time I try to copy link lists, my lovely MAC does not cooperate! so you can also follow the links for the DT on my sidebar!)
You can also get the link to submit your creation and have an opportunity to win some IO Goodness

Happy Stamping!

--Vicki~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****