Monday, August 31, 2009

Christmas Stamping All Year Long! Colour Challenge


Well! Here I am , the hostess with the Mostest this week!!! The Mostest what, I am not sure, but it sounded kinda catchy, don't ya think???

This challenge was really Simple! Create a card using Traditional Christmas Colours-Green, Red and a splash of Silver or Gold..............remember the Christmas Song Silver and Gold??? Yep, love hearing the voiceover of Johnny Marks (who the heck is HE?? I always thought it was Burl Ives singing it, but I guess he was just the voice of the Snow Man, in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.


Silver and gold, silver and gold Ev'ryone wishes for silver and gold How do you measure its worth? Just by the pleasure it gives here on earth.
Silver and gold, silver and gold Mean so much more when I see Silver and gold decorations On ev'ry Christmas tree.

Spoken

What's a Christmas tree without tinsel and pretty silver and gold decorations? Can't really call it a Christmas tree now, can you? And think of all the fun and joy that would be lost on Christmas morning if all the young folks didn't get to see that sparkling happy tree.


Silver and gold, silver and gold Mean so much more when I see Silver and gold decorations On ev'ry Christmas tree.

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song!!!

I used this cute image from Big Celebrations, a retired set from SU! The DP is Scenic Route and the Base is Kiwi Kiss. I was so sad when SU! retired this colour!!!! Ribbon is also from SU! The Sentiment Chipboard is from Scenic Route!

Maria has posted a great sketch to go along with this challenge if you choose. Check out the CSAYL Blog to see what the Design Diva's have created and add a link for your creation!

Happy Stamping!

*****Vicki~~~~~

6 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki,

    Thanks for putting that song in my head!! It'll stay there all day for sure!!! Thanks for the great challenge and your card is adorable. I love that image. Really cute!!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Vicki! You are doing awesome with all of these Christmas cards. I haven't even made on yet. :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl. . .awesome job on your card! I love that tree. . so cute! Great choice of DP too!

    I've never heard that song. It sounds good though.

    Hope you're having a wonderful Monday!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card and that image is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was one of my favorite sets from that catalogue and it got retired way too fast! You make me want to pull it out to play with it again...

    TFS!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Christmas wonderful! So cheerful and really puts me in the mood!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****