Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happiness!



Although I have been a little slack with my card making lately, I must tell you that I have enjoyed this little sojourn whilst getting motivated to become more active and establish a better balance in my life.

About a month ago, I decided to join the YMCA with Jonathon as we were both in need of a workout regime. I also had been fairly sedentary after having some surgery over a year ago and lacked the motivation and energy to get off my butt and get busy!!!

So, after a month of steady working out, I have seen some good results. I have decided that I refuse to ever ever go on another diet and by virtue of getting exercise, have tailored my eating quite naturally to healthier foods. Yesterday I put on a pair of jeans that I hadn't been able to get into in over a year and a half AND the pants that just three weeks ago fit snugly on my hips, kept falling down as I didn't think to add a belt!!!!! I looked like a droopy diaper bummed baby all day and thank goodness for the long shirt, or I certainly could have resembled the plumber, but I was grinning with the fact that they are very very loose.

This makes me Happy. My energy level is through the roof and I haven't felt this great in a long long long time!!!



So, that along with a couple of other amazing things that have happened in the last few weeks have left me feeling very Happy! I made this sweet card to celebrate!!!!

Stamps: Stamping Bella Ketto line Yoko and Ono
Paper: Turquoise and Celery
SU Rub ons, copics, Prima Flowers, Buttons and Floss

Seem to be slowly getting my mojo back and hope to have something for you tomorrow!

Happy Stamping!!!!

*****Vicki~~~~~

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Vicki! Congrats on the weight loss and the training! WOO HOO for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COngrats Vicki glad you are feeling good and slimmer. Love your card and the use of the rubs on on this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Miss Vicki on getting fit. Something I need to do. Love your card makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you stinker you got some of those Ketto girls! They are soo cute. I hope to pick some up on Thursday when we go to Stampin' Bella! I believe that Sheila is carrying them for Bella as well! I am so proud of you for getting back in motion. It was a long haul with your surgery and I'm glad you are feeling good again. I love your attitude on the dieting thing too.... that is defintely food for thought. Can't wait to see you soon....6 more sleeps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, your card is so funny. Love the image and the colors...;-) Happy friday. Hugs from Silke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the bold colors.

    Good for you on the excercise. I've been lax the last 2 weeks and vowed to get back in to it next week as I feel good doing it and love seeing the scale in the downward direction as well as the clothes fitting better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations on your weight loss Vicki. . .I've been trying to lose weight for the past 3 years with no success! Whaaa! It's nice to hear that someone is losing weight. . .I do need to exercise. My energy level is at its lowest point. I'm glad to hear you're happy and energized too!!

    Love your card. . .that image is so funky! I love it. Awesome job with your coloring too!!

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki....I am so proud of you and Jon....way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable Vicki!! Lovely colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****