Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nursery Necessities-New Catalogue Release



As quickly as Christmas is coming on, so is the release of the new Stampin' Up! Spring and Summer Collection.

Nursery Necessities was one of the sets available for preorder to Demonstrators. Initially I was a little hesitant to order this set, but my word, I am LOVING it. I can see so much potential for this set in card making and scrapbooking.

I intially thought of Primary Colours when I first looked at the sailboat image. I used markers directly on the rubber to get the range of colours on the stamp. A primitive frame was created with Sewing Maching Stitching (Note: Primitive is a great word to describe a sloppy or amateur attempt at sewing!!! ha ha!!!) The Star image was stamped and then punched out with our New Star Punch!!! Way cool~~ I can see myself using this punch a lot!!!




This card was created for a swap. I was looking to create a card that wasn't too time consuming (particularly because of the due date coming on really fast!!! now you all KNOW that I am a huge procrastinator, but this time, it was a lengthy shipping process that put me under the wire for time!!)

Anyway, I also wanted a card that would be easy to make, yet still attractive. I used the Scallop Circle, Large Star and slot punch to create the Large embellishment. The Boats were stamped tone on tone, with the sentiment stamped over in Blue Bayou.

I really like the way this one turned out and think it would work really well for Birth Announcements.







Elephants on Parade is a long card that is very quick and easy to make. I stamped a line of Elephants and simply added punched and brad embellished flowers over their Trunks.

TIP: When you are stamping multi images in a line, it is a good idea to stamp on a piece of cardstock an inch or two longer than your required size. This way you can cut to size and still manage to have a visually pleasing and well balanced main image.

So, I am officially recuperated and will return to work tomorrow. If you don't hear from me for a day or two.............don't worry, I'll be back.

Happy Stamping!!!!

Vicki

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Vicki!
    Every one of these is just darling! You'll have such a sweet collection of baby cards to draw from when little ones arrive!

    :o) ~Tex

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh..you are making me want this set now. What a great set for babies....your cards are great. I love your sewing too...i think it is whimsical and perfect for baby themes. I am just starting to sew on cards too!!! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the primary colors with that set...you're making me want it!

    myblog: http://www.scrappychick.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****