Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!!


Its seems to me as I get older, the years just fly by faster and faster..............I remember wishing years away.......if only I were 16 I could drive, if only I were 19, I could get into the clubs legally (hee hee!) if only, if only, if only.....

And now my thoughts are more predisposed to thinking if only time would slow down.......I need more time to feel the soft skin of my baby against my cheek, if only I could relive the feeling I got witnessing his expression the first time his toes touched the dewy grass.....if I could rewind the clock just a little to take back something negative that I had said or just to spend some more with the special people in my life.........and now the time has come to embark upon another year................my sweet smelling cherub sporting hummer cologne and prepubescent mood swings........one minute confirming that I am the best mother in the world and in the next breath looking at me like I have a huge horn growing out of my forehead (the "evil" mom!).................all a part of development they say!!! Given a chance, I probably wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't want to be twenty again, especially with this amount of life experience.........I think I would be too sensible to make it worth my while!!!! I still have my memories to cherish.

So I am hopeful that 2008 will bring many new and exciting experiences for me and you. No resolutions for me. I am just going to try my best to remain diligent in accomplishing what it is that I need to do first and then what I want to do beyond that.

Have a safe and enjoyable evening and here's hoping that the last several hours of 2007 are memorable and lead you into a happy and prosperous New Year.

Card Recipe: Three Rose Image from Hanna Stamps- The roses on this card are burgundy and beautiful in real life, but look so dark in the scan. Sentiment is from the Things that Hanna would say Stamp Set that will be released this Friday.

DP is From Rusty Pickle, Ribbon and Brads from Stampin' Up!!!!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty, love the roses and the yummy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, but this is Gawwwdjus, Ms. Vicki!!

    Happy New Year!
    ~Tex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy New Year Vicki and Jonathon. May 2008 be filled with Love, Happiness, Adventures, Excellant Health and Stamping Creations. Your Oregon friend, Nancy
    TFS your beautiful New Years Day card :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****