Thursday, December 13, 2007

Can we think about another Holiday Already!!!!!


I know, I know.............I probably sound Horrible for even suggesting that we shouldn't be focusing on Christmas Preparations, but in the spirit of procrastination (well actually, this card has me WAY ahead of schedule). I just needed have a reprieve from Christmas Wrapping, decorating and baking. I spent the good part of my morning addressing and writing little notes in my Christmas cards, which were all handmade this year! (yes, I procrastinated SO much last year that I did have to send out some boxed cards....eek!!!!) and So I thought I would try to come up with a "springish" design today!

I also got my New Catalogue Preorder from Stampin' Up! yesterday and had to try these delicious Rub ons!!! I have to tell you that they are EXCELLENT quality. You might ask if there is a difference between brands of rub ons and the answer is most definitely yes!! Some rub ons are really a challenge to apply while others flake off easily...........these went on quite smoothly and with all pieces in tact. When I open a new package I store them in a Zip Loc type bag. I am not sure if that makes a difference, but I would think that over time, if exposed to air, they may dry out a bit!!! Items in the New Catalogue will be available for purchase on January 2nd. Give me a call to get your copy!

So this is my Hanna Valentine/LOVE card!!!! Unfortunately I the lavender ribbon photographed a little garishly!!! The little kiss and hug border was created with the cutest little Tonic Punch I picked up some time ago. Again, the Rub ons are from Stampin' Up! I cut the Flower in half in order to use it as a border type embellishment, leaving me another half for a rainy day!!! The Sentiment reads "It's a Love thing" The package contains one sheet of White and one sheet of Black Rub ons!!! I created my own "wrapping paper" for the box by shading the sides with an aquapainter and bashful ink, then when dry, doodling in some little hearts. Some Glitter to the Ribbon and Amethyst Pants give this subtle image a little contrast!

Don't forget that this sweet Hanna image is available December 14th!!!!!! Follow the Hanna Icon to order your own set. For more great ideas, follow the links to my DT members Blogs. The cards are all fabulous!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hanna is so pretty in pink. I have to say, I am looking forward to being done with Christmas. i feel more stress the closer we get. I need to get my kids out of the house and make sure they have an equal number of gifts, or see who needs what....Let's get to Valentine's Day already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and I LOVE the springy colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card Vicki! I LOVE Valentines Day, that was the day my son was born! I wish Valentines was here, then winter would be close to being over! Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow I love this card,pink is one of my favs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all of your new Hanna cards, so beautiful!! Sure hope DH gets it for me! The little scissors are just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****