Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Card for Spring


It's quite amazing, how much dimension you can create on a card with a little ink and a sponge. For instance, if you look at the boots on this spring card, you will see that I sponged some creamy caramel ink directly onto the boots to create some shadow and dimension. Ink works wonderfully well for shading. Stamping Pastels, or Chalks will do a lovely job for highlighting, just be sure to only go a few shades lighter than you base colour, so you don't acheive a "Milky" Look. For example, if I were to add hilights to these boots with chalk, I would try chalking with Only Orange or Summer Sun.......Chalking with white would look just to "chalky" of course!!! Try experimenting with your inks and pastels/chalks to bring more life to your images.

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love the red boots! This is one of my fave sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute card!! Love the red! The shading is so nice. You're really doing some awesome and inspiring stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous dirty boots can look like!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****